K.G. – Class II
We, at Sushila Birla Girls’ School, have always worked towards supporting the well being of our students. The heavy weight of the school bag is, therefore, a matter of concern for the school as well as the parents.
Certain suggestions were offered by some of the parents and teachers during a meeting in this regard. The following measures might prove to be beneficial to the students:
• Textbooks can be shared by a pair of students.
• Children are allowed to leave some of the books in their classrooms.
• Children can photocopy the chapter being done in class and bring the same instead of the whole book.
• Children can bring a separate hand bag so that the weight of the bag is divided.
• Encourage children to drink water from the school to avoid carrying heavy water bottles.
• Children should strictly abide by the time table.
• Children should not carry heavy pencil pouches, tiffin boxes etc. to school.
If all or even some of the above can be followed, we are sure it will reduce the weight of the bag.
Mrs. V. Panja